A lot of you may have heard of the German brand, Zoeva, which is known for its phenomenal makeup brushes. Well, they do amazing eyeshadows aswell!! Recently, I got my hands on their newest palette – the Cocoa Blend Palette which is inspired by chocolates ofcourse. It looked too divine for me to pass! It’s a versatile palette and you can do a number of different looks with it. I went for a taupe and gold smokey eye today perfect for a party or night. I’m pretty sure you will be seeing me use this palette a lot more in the future.
1. Firstly with a fluffy crease brush, I applied Substitute of Love (see pic above for reference) in a windshield wiper motion back and forth as a transition shade on my crease and upper crease.
2. Then with a denser crease brush, I applied Freshly Toasted on my socket area (crease) and went back and forth from the outer crease to the inner crease.
3. Then I took Delicate Acidity on a flat shader brush and sprayed Fix + (water or any face mist) to dampen the brush for a more intense pay off from the eyeshadow. I applied that shade all over my lid stopping right where the crease starts.
4. Then with a dense crease brush, I took Beans Are White and started darkening the crease especially concentrating on the outer corner. Then I took it all the way towards the inner crease and inner corner and slightly darkened that area aswell. Don’t forget to blend and take a little at a time. With dark eyeshadows it’s important to keep on adding color as you go rather than packing a whole lot of color in one go. Remember: you can add but it’s hard to take away!
5. After everything is blended out, I added Pure Ganache on a damp brush for intense payoff and dabbed it on the middle of the lid. Afterwards if you think the gold has taken away too much of the taupe you can go ahead and add more of the taupe. For more intensity on the middle, I added Australis Metallix cream shadow in Gold Gaga to achieve that slightly metallic finish.
6. I added Sweeter End on the browbone and as a inner corner highlight. I lined my lashes and made a wing. Applied mascara and falsies : House of Lashes Iconic. On the lower lash line, I applied Beans Are White on the outer and inner corner with a pencil brush smudging it close to the lash line. Then on the middle I applied Delicate Acidity. I blended it out with a little bit of Freshly Toasted. I applied a nude eyeliner on the waterline and mascara on the bottom lashesh.
~Josie Maran Argan Oil + Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude 25 Hour Foundation in 303 True Nude
~Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Medium Neutral
~Models Prefer Contouring Stick
CONTOUR ~ CHEEKS ~HIGHLIGHT:
~Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
~Kat Von D Shade and Light Contouring and Highlighting Palette
~Too Faced Pink Leopard
~Bobbi Brown Apricot Blush
~Gerard Cosmetics Star Powder Highlighter in Audrey
~Jordana Lip Liner in Tawny
~MAC Lipstick in Honey Love
~Nyx Buttergloss in Tiramisu
Hope You Liked This Look Lovelies! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Facebook and if you recreate this look, be sure to tag me! XOXO