Yesterday I sat in front of my vanity having something totally different in my mind but I stumbled upon the Sleek Makeup Snapshots palette and the colors totally blew my mind. I had to do something colorful, something vibrant, perfect for upcoming summer festivals, parties, and weddings in the Northern Hemisphere (You lucky people! It’s freezing cold here in Aussieland :S). I’m calling it ‘Summer in Arabia’ because it is somewhat Arabic inspired with the wing and the vibrant colors.
EYES – SLEEK SNAPSHOTS PALETTE
EYES – PICTORIAL
1. After priming your lid – apply Washed Ashore on the upper crease area. Then layer on Magenta Madness with a fluffy brush on top of the previous color and go back and for on the inner and outer part of the upper crease in a windshield wiper motion to diffuse the color. Don’t pack on the color all together. Layer slowly, building up the intensity until you are happy with it.
2. Then add Purple Haze with a denser crease (MAC 217) on the outer crease bringing it inwards at the crease.
3. On a flat shader brush, take the color Green Iguana and spritz some fix plus (any facial mist) on it to give it more intensity. Add that color all over the lid stopping at the crease and leave some space at the inner corner.
4. Blend out the harsh edges between the crease and lid. Take some Purple Haze to deepen the crease. Don’t forget to take a little at a time and build up the intensity.
5. Take the color Humming Bird on a flat shader brush and spritz with fix plus. Add that color right at the middle of the lid. The golden sheen of the shadow will give the eye dimension.
6. ~Apply the shade Martini on the brow bone. Mix Martini and Lotus Flower and apply at the inner corner.
~With a gel liner, line your upper lash line and make a wing. I chose to make the line quite thick. With the gel liner, define the inner corners and create a triangular point and connect it with the lower water line.
~Use a navy blue eyeliner on the water line. I used Model’s Prefer eye pencil in Blue Lagoon.
~Smoke out the lash line with Purple Haze. Then diffuse that color with a combination of Magenta Madness and Washed Ashore.
~Apply mascara on top and bottom lashes. Apply falsies. I used my favorite pair : House of Lashes Pixie Luxe.
~EX 1 Foundation in F300 + Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
~Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Neutral Medium
~Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
~Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
CHEEKS CONTOUR HIGHLIGHT
~Australis AC on Tour Contour Kit
~Mac Refined Golden Bronzer
~Makeup Geek Blush in Summer Fling topped with Makeup Geek Romance blush
~theBalm Mary Lou-minizer Highlighter
~L’oreal Infallible liner in 713 Night and Day Coffee
~Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita
Hope you liked this post lovelies as much as I loved creating it. Till next time! XO XO