So as you can see today’s look is perfect for your weekly grocery run and everyday chores – so natural and simple NOT! Haha didn’t mean to shock you guys there but just checkin to see if ya’ll are paying attention! So actually as you can tell from the photo and the title of this post that this look is a bit unconventional using contrasting tones on the eyes and the lip. I love the look of clashing colors especially the contrast between warm orangey tones versus really cool toned pinks. I’m quite pleased with how this came out and ofcourse it’s not everyone’s cuppa tea and that’s completely okay – makeup is art and all about experimenting and that’s what I love about it!
The eyeshadow I used for your reference:
1. After priming my lid, I mixed a matte lighter yellowish orange shade and a deeper more true orange shade (Makeup Geek Chickadee and Inglot 383) and applied it all over the upper crease in a windshield wiper motion with fluffy crease brush. You have to make it as blown out as possible.
2. I decided to apply a little bit of a matte yellow shade (Inglot 323) just on top of where I applied the orange colors and blend it out. Then I applied Anastasia Beverly Hills Morocco, which is a warm terracotta brown, on my crease with a denser crease brush. I swiped it from the outer to inner corner of the crease.
3. Once everything is nicely blended out, I applied Makeup Geek Foiled eyeshadow in FlameThrower, which is a super shimmery copper with a foiled finish, on my lid. I dampened my brush for it to get maximum intensity. Then I blended out the edges for a seamless transition with the crease colors.
4. Then I applied Anastasia Deep Plum on both my outer and inner corner to darken these areas and blended upwards towards the crease. Blend Blend Blend – go ahead and apply a little bit more if you have to at this point.
5. For more dimension, I applied a pop of shimmery orangey gold (MAC Melon pigment) on the centre of my lid.
6. I highlighted my brow bone and inner corner with a pale shimmery gold shade (Anastasia Legend). I lined my waterline with a gold eye pencil. On the bottom lashline, I darkened the outer corner with some Deep Plum and then placed Melon pigment in the middle and Legend on the inner corner. Blended it all out with Chickadee and Inglot 383. I curled my lashes, applied mascara to top and bottom lashes and then applied falsies : Koko lashes in Risque.
~Benefit Porefessional Primer
~Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 10 ( a little bit light for me downside of online shopping)
~Mac Prolongwear Concealer NW25
~Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
~Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
CHEEKS AND CONTOUR
~Australis AC on Tour Contour Kit
~Givenchy Le Prisme Visage Mat Powder in Amber Organza
~MAC Blush in Warm Soul
~Essence Ticket to Paradise Shimmer Powder in Tropical Heat
Now for the main attraction!
~Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy
Hope you enjoy this post lovelies as much as I loved creating this look! XO XO